Monday, November 26, 2007

Catching Up II



Robocup was great, and then, to top it off, my awesome friend Heather Nordstrom was in from NYC for a conference.

Heather and I met learning and training Capoeira in the Twin Cities in 1995 and took Portuguese classes together at the University of Minnesota. She's one-of-a-kind, taught English in Germany, M.A. in Education from Columbia's world-renowned teacher's college, amateur steeple-chase rider, outdoors-woman and now teaching for the past several years in Manhattan.

It was fantastic that she was in town. I even had a chance to get my first tank-full of biodiesel from Rob del Bueno's new station on Arizona Ave. while Heather and I were out for dinner and a tour of Decatur.

She's an inspiration and I'm looking forward to trying to talk her into transferring to Ron Clark's school here in Atlanta!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home